Public Service Announcement
| March 11, 2009
||For immediate release
March Break programming: Motion Commotion
March 14 to 22, 2009
Join the Canada Science and Technology Museum in a moving experience. Discover the forces that set the world around you in motion. Participate in hands-on activities which explore the science of how things move, have fun with pulleys and gears, and experiment with gyroscopes.
- Space Moves: Explore the nature of motion in space. Launch rockets, experiment with freefall and find out why satellites stay in orbit.
- Gear Up: Build simple machines using gears, pulleys and wheels and test them out.
- Dynamotion: Get energized as you make objects float and magnets levitate.
- Big Motion, Little Effort: Lift, catapult and pull heavy objects without even breaking a sweat. You’ll be amazed at how little effort a lot of fun can be.
- In Search of Motion: Be on the lookout for the answers to the motion scavenger hunt as you make your way through the Museum.
- Make a Spinning Top: Make your own spinning top that you can take home.
Media Contact: Kelly Ray